Monday, July 18, 2005

Give it back!

I helped lead worship with the youth band at EPC this past Sunday. It went well from what I could tell, but then again it was my first time to play and sing with a worship band during a church service. Apart from breaking a string in the middle of a song during the first service and Garret breaking one of his own during second service, it went smoothly.

I'm having a rough start with Travel Photography. Our first assignment was to photograph some architecture that was "unique to the community." So like fancy museums, city halls, churches, and the like were among the things to shoot. I didn't think it'd be difficult to find some places to photograph, but after the fourth option I found fell through over a period of two days, I gave up in frustration. I'll turn in the assignment a class session late. I hate that.

The re-examination of why I'm doing photography came up again this week. Why am I doing photography? I used to identify myself as a photographer as a photojournalist, but a friend of mine stated that he is, ultimately, a photographer. He is a photographer. I'm seeing that I shouldn't place myself into a single category of photography, but on the contrary open myself up to different fields. Exploring different areas of photography and taking various classes at Brooks has helped me realize this. I don't need to commit fully to one field of photography. I am a photojournalist. I am also a landscape photographer. I am also a wedding photographer. I am also a travel photographer. I am also a portrait photographer.

In the end, however, I would like to find myself photographing for the progression of missionaries around the world. I may be a photographer, but I am firstly a son of God and live to His glory and calling. God has blessed me with the talent of photography; giving this talent back to Him is what I now live for.



P.S. I love comments and everything, but the stuff from the July 13 post is just ridiculous. It's one thing to talk about alcohol. It's totally another thing to talk about my love life, alcohol, and the level of dependency they have on each other. So shut it, chumps. Yeah, you know who you are.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wont ask any more rhetorical questions, will we?

Anonymous said...

We wont ask any more rhetorical questions, will we?

Anonymous said...

Twic as nice isn't it?
Ok, I promise l'll stop.

Possum said...

It's only because we love you, Lem.

Only because we love you and desire your happiness!

Anonymous said...

Lem i love you. Will you have my baby?

Seriously though dude, i love you, you have a great heart and are always a joy to hang around. I know that between the Guild Wars, SSBM, and cuddling, you help me stay strong in my faith. But i'm still the best.

Luke said...

dito todd, except for the part about guild wars, ssbm, and having his baby.

Oli said...

Ah, the joy of saying gay things when you're not...wonder why straight guys enjoy it so much?

MalaBOOYAH said...

Todd's gay.

Anonymous said...

So how is that better than our harmless fun?

Anonymous said...

Tim's Gay, I mean he is married and has a kid, how much gayer can you get?

Anonymous said...

oh did i ever tell the story where a gay guy was coming on to my brother?

Possum said...

With this comment, the post exhorting us to not spam your blog with useless comments will have been spammed with the same number of useless comments as the post that inspired your critical exhortation.

That's irony.