Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The early excellence.

I learned a very interesting and inspiring fact today in my morning English class. Maya Lin, the designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, was a undergraduate student at Yale University when she submitted her design to the national competition. She was only 21 at the time. This simply amazes me. We were watching a documentary on Maya Lin, and it went further than her experiences with the Vietnam Veterans Memorial to show other architectural accomplishments she designed. Honestly, I don't know how she can come up with these ideas, but they're brilliant, insightful, and moving. Kudos to you, Maya.

2 comments:

Dave1974 said...

I took a summer Art class in Solano County College a few years back and saw that same documentary about her. She's truly remarkable.

Luke said...

I saw the documentary by chance a while ago.. I remember it being really remarkable as well. I appreciate the design and respect the VVM has. Cheers.