Tuesday, September 27, 2005

To rain or not to rain?

Yesterday had some lovely weather. It rained on and off four or five times up here in Ventura, but it was odd because the rain would stop just as instantly as it would start. I haven't seen that kind of weather since I lived in the tropics. The sun also found its way through the rain clouds somehow, so there was a point in the day where I was driving in the rain...in high noon sunshine. However, the random rainclouds made for a beautiful late afternoon! The clear blue sky, the crisp clean air, and the golden sunset was wonderful. I swerved a couple times on the road staring at the sky.

I find it pathetically ironic that I enjoyed the view from the front seat of my car zipping down the 101. Usually, one who has any love for nature would have parked somewhere and taken a long walk. Talk about a product of today's society.

Kuya is back East with a group from CityTeam doing some relief and ministry work in New Orleans. He has been appointed the photographer, which is awesome. Check out his separate blog for the trip.

On Sunday I went and saw Corpse Bride with a couple friends. I enjoyed it very much. It has all those Tim Burton qualities to it that is unmatched, but I do have to say that I like The Nightmare Before Christmas better. Nevertheless, Corpse Bride is still a fun movie to watch. Just the visuals are enough to go see it on the big screen, and I laughed more than once just because the characters looked ridiculous.

Speaking of kid movies, don't go see Madagascar. No, don't even rent it. Waste of time, I can't believe I couldn't talk my friends into seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith instead at the dollar theatre. My friends suck.

This post isn't really going anywhere. I started to jump to a different subject again, but I realized that I'm starting to ramble. So I'll stop.

Bye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Madagascar does suck. People need to stop making a big deal on having all these celebrities doing the voices and focus on the writing and story telling. Do I care if Johnny Depp or Chris Rock or whoever is voicing a cartoon character? Nope.

Anonymous said...

lem, this is meg long from faith. what the crap is up??? i was just in manila over the summer and mr. larson was telling me to check out your photography......
how are you? where are you? what are you doing?
my xanga is pinkpinoy
or email me
meganalong08@yahoo.com
i like your pictures. :)

RaydenUni said...

Mr and Mrs Smith is a very good movie.

By the way, are you planning on seeing Serenity? My roommate, Eric, and I have are watching all 11 episodes of Firely in anticipation.

Dave1974 said...

Corpse Bride = Great!
Madagascar = Not so good.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Corpse Bride was shot with Canon 1Ds SLR cameras? There was a cool article about it that I read, but I don't know where the link is.

I agree, Madagascar SUCKS. One of THE WORST movies in a really long time.