Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Things.

Oli called me tonight telling me that he's at the airport heading off on his missions trip to Indonesia. I completely forgot that he was leaving soon, so it was a bit of a surprise. It was fun, though, to talk to him a bit before hanging up and continuing with playing Settlers with the guys. Him going off overseas just made me wish I was out of school now and going out documenting some extreme situation in a missionary's life. It'll take me a decade or two to get to that point, I imagine. Oh, well. As long as I get there.

I am also flying out to Minnesota on Thursday to photograph a wedding during the weekend. Two old high school friends are getting married, though they were not a couple in high school. To be honest, I didn't expect them to be an item...ever. I don't know why; I guess I never thought about it till it happened. Anyway, it's exciting to see two high school buddies get hitched. It's a bigger plus since I'll see a lot of my other high school friends at the wedding.

Problem: I don't really have a game plan as to how I'm going to shoot this thing.

Usually, I have some kind of idea what I'll do. By now I would have organized my camera gear and made sure I have the appropriate things to make me an effective wedding photographer. I didn't really do much preparing yet for this trip. Same thing happened last weekend where I photographed a wedding up North in Sacramento, but at least I partnered up with another friend to shoot that one. It went extremely well, and I was excited (and a bit relieved) that the pictures turned out so great. I hope I am that fortunate this weekend. I'm not too worried. God is watching over me. :)

I didn't vote today for the California Primary Elections, but I did photograph it. Does that count?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool about the wedding in MN. Does that mean you're goin' to hang w/ the Olsons again? If so, say hi to them for me.

Luke said...

i didn't vote either. been too busy, or sleeping. Sleeping is busy too I guess.

Luke said...

*yawn*