Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The aftermath.

As anyone living in So Cal knows, it rained here the past week. Not only rained but stormed...bad. Ventura County got it really heavy as well. Major flooding on highways and homes, overflowing of rivers, and a major landslide. It is nice to know that the worst of it is over...I think. I want to give out my sympathy to those who were involved in someway in the La Conchita landslide. You are in my prayers.

Here is a picture of Brooks after the major rains were done.


Totally insane. Posted by Hello

I don't want to sound cold-hearted or anything, but this is just a small nibble of what people are going through in Southeast Asia right now with the tsunami disaster. We can't forget those on the other side of the Pacific, and must encourage those who are helping (both there and here at home) with the tragedies.

I learned on the news just 10 minutes ago about a father and husband helping to search for survivors in La Conchita including his wife and three daughters. I'm unable to even imagine the stress and pressure he is under right now, but I hope that he will accept everyone's deepest love and concern for him and his family.

Prayers to all. God is with us.

1 comment:

chrissybarany said...

Wow the school looks bad! What's with all the water related disasters? Do you know anyone who was affected by the tsunami?