Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hooah! (pt. 2)

My day wasn't very birthday-ish. I spent most of it in the apartment writing e-mails or chatting. Heh. I love break. Actually, I spent some time with my sister and her friend...but not that much.

So yeah, nothing really happened to honor my birthday most of the day. Except this evening while Dad and I were sitting on the couch with our own laptops and sucking up wireless bandwidth from the guys upstairs, Rachel runs up to Dad and asks, "Dad, what kind of cake is Mom bringing home?"

Dad responded with a inaudible "shhh" gesture, to which Rachel audibly sounded an "oh."

I love it when the element of surprise is completely destroyed.

Mom didn't come with a cake, but Dad went out to take out the trash that took about 15 minutes. He returned with a chocolate cake with German chocolate icing and coconut in the middle. What a sneaky old man!

So the five of us (Mom, Dad, Rachel, Rachel's friend, and me) got around the table and we had the traditional birthday song and cake eating. With video and pictures and everything! The video is pretty funny, mainly because of the oddness of it. The cake was really hard, and the candle was really huge (see picture).

On another note: I finished reading all of Ctrl Alt Delete today. That was a rather tiresome, yet pleasing, task. I especially like this one.

10 comments:

Oli said...

That cake sounds really good. Mmmm...

RaydenUni said...

Poor you. You should have celebrated with my family. I heard they celebrated without you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Man.

Tim said...

I don't see any beer.

Anonymous said...

Yup, nothing really exciting except for the evening celebration with the huge candle and the little cake. I was about to buy those little cupcakes, but they were too wimpy. But it was great to have a small celeb complete with photos and and a funny video.

Anonymous said...

Kuya,I said,"Oh." And then I said,"I mean ice cream sandwich cake." I thought you believed me.=( Oh well!

Dave1974 said...

Oh Rachael!
Come here!

Anonymous said...

belated happy b day ya bum. come up and visit now since you're all on your break yeah?

-your hot cousin, dan

Anonymous said...

belated happy b day ya bum. come up and visit now since you're all on your break yeah?

-your hot cousin, dan

Anonymous said...

dude.. you're due another photo of the week. i do be sayin' that luke made a comic.