Monday, May 02, 2005

Keeping up.

I've been thinking...

Since a lot of my closest friends that I hang out with are Torrey students, their level of intellect and conversation is way above mine. The best thing I could think of to solve this problem would be to try to improve my reading habits and actually dive into some real worthwhile books. Of course, that is a lot to do for someone like me: a product of pop culture of today's society where material, celebrity, and shallow entertainment is everything.

I feel it necessary, however, to spend time with some quality reading. From just analyzing myself, I realize how much time I don't spend filling my brain with useful information about Christianity, religion, science, history, philosophy, etc. Well, I could probably stay away from a lot of philosophy because there's just way too much to go through. I'd rather spend more time in theology.

Theology rocks!

Also! I started this blog with a much stronger writing sense and style because I originally wanted this blog to be a place I could practice my writing skills. Going through the first entries, I can see now that my blog has reduced to "teeny bopper" style. Movies, music, and the occasional emotional post about how my life is so pathetic or a rant on something along the lines of romantic sap.

How depressing.

10 comments:

Possum said...

Most of my early posts show more intentional attempts at good writing, too.

Theology rocks, have fun studying it.

Dave1974 said...

You can still be creative even without poems or philosophy.

RaydenUni said...

Interesting. I will have to go over my blog to see what I post. I think mine lacks popular culture and instead has internet culture. Deep vs light I am unsure. It usually depends on my mood I think.

Anonymous said...

You've heard it over and over again: Just be yourself.

Tim said...

Mac's advice is good--his blog has been pretty consistent in terms of content. Mine started out as a place to write about web and technology stuff but evolved as well.

MalaBOOYAH said...

Ah, see. I don't want to learn more about these things just to be more creative or become something that I am not; I want to learn these things in order to better myself as a human being living for God. I think I, personally, would do better this way spending more time in books...books of good taste, of course. You know, like sci-fi and fantasy books. Heck ya!

Luke said...

sci-fi and fantasy.. wow how I long (really!)
they're just so captivating!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mac, but "Just be yourself" doesn't cut it--it leaves out the option of self-improvement.

MalaBOOYAH said...

Touche.

Anonymous said...

Nah, you can still be yourself while you "improve."