Thursday, June 10, 2004

Too big to handle.

That's how I feel right now. My instructor gave me the okay to shoot this guy for my picture story. I described the story to him, and it seemed convincing; yet when I went to spend the rest of my day with my newest friend, narrowing down my story became very difficult. The man is a dreamer who puts his hands in a lot of different cookie jars. It's not difficult finding a story; it's difficult finding the compelling story, which is scattered througout all his different interests in life. This man has great potential in life. I believe that is the story I want to convey. How it will play out in my pictures is still jumbled in my head.

The man enjoys talking about his business and how he spends his time on this earth. A lot of it is sharing his thoughts and dreams with others. Sometimes I wonder how he can speak so much, for he speaks non-stop for long periods of time. It's not annoying, but it's incredibly draining. Socializing with him alone feels like socializing with ten people all together. Yet I believe I've gained his trust to let me into his life a little closer, and I feel encouraged to have made a friend in him...even if his lifestyle is much different than mine. He shares a lot, and I respect the things he shares. That's how I return my friendship to those who have given theirs to me.


Luke sent this picture. This is what he said about it: "[The picture] is a view from the ship as we sailed into Kotor, Montenegro in January. This port was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to and the island is a small church in the center of a rounded area along the way into the very inset bay." Posted by Hello

I desire to live on an island like this right now. I want to escape people. I want to escape life. I want it to only be me and the Bible and God.

It's too bad...but only in my head is where that disappointment lies.

No comments: