Friday, June 18, 2004

To the frontlines!

Oli, Nem and I went and watched The Terminal last night at 12 am. A very good and quality film in my book. It may not be the best Spielberg or Hanks movie, but it was no let down for me. Others may think otherwise.

When I got home after the movie, I was horded by update letters from Joe, Megan, and Luke. I read them all when I got up today at noon (I went to bed at 4:30 am). I was pleasantly surprised by each of their lives and how they've been living it. I was especially happy with Joe's e-mail, for he seems to be enjoying the time he's spending in India. Tasting a little of what he may do later in life, I believe he is set in stone the plans of traveling overseas with his career. Missions is for him, and that is indeed admirable. There is no shame or loss in giving up a solid and consistent life in the States to live in unfamiliar places and reach out to possible unwelcoming people. I read Luke's e-mail after Joe's, this is a question he asked for thought: "Isn't missions a frontline of sorts?" I believe that it may be so.

I want to take my career into missions. I have yet to see how this can be accomplished. I need to contact Steve McGee.

No comments: