Friday, May 20, 2005

STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS!

Turns out that Anakin is Darth Vader in the episodes 4-6! That's crazy!

I was surprised that I really liked every bit of this movie. Well done, Lucas. There were some bits and pieces that were just painful like cliche dialogue or cheesy camera shots, but all in all it was great. The story to this prequel trilogy couldn't have ended better. Everything (story-wise) was tied up in a very strong, tight knot. Bravo, Georgey-boy. You didn't screw up this time.

With that said, go see the movie. It's great to see how everything unfolded, and it was truly a tragic story. The character development in this one is the best out of episodes 1-3. Even though you know what happens with Anakin, you feel the emotional pain he's going through in the whole process. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a sad character to watch in this movie as well.

Yup, Padme's "You're breaking my heart" line from the trailer is just as good in the movie as it was in the preview. Probably even better.

15 comments:

Tim said...

How come Leia tells Luke about their mother in the older movies?

Possum said...

I think Leia was talking about her adoptive mother.

Tim said...

Why would Luke want to know about her? Did Luke ever live with her? Or did Leia not know that wasn't her biological mother...

Dave1974 said...

I can't wait to see it! I'll even wear my Vader voice changer to the movie.

Oli said...

I think Leia knew it wasn't her biological mother, but some reason she does have some sort of memory of Padme. Not sure how, maybe it's he midichlorians speaking to her, it's her own subconcious power of the force, she can see the past, not the future. I just watched the Return of the Jedi last week, so I caught that line when Leia tells Luke about their mother.

Possum said...

I think that Lucas originally probably thought that Leia would remember Padme (probably before Padme even had a name), but that he changed his mind for these movies. My memory of the Leia and Luke conversation is that Luke was talkign to Leia before he had revealed their siblingness.

Also, he asked, do you remember "your" mother, not "ours". Its implicit that he means "ours", but if it's not explicit Lucas can play around with the meaning of the text to fit his pleasure (he wrote it after all).

If I'm wrong on my memory, I'd go with what Oli's saying.

Man, I'm such a nerd.

RaydenUni said...

My roommates spoiled it for me when they got back. "Dude! Anakin is Darth Vader and Luke and Leia are his children!"

MalaBOOYAH said...

I sat down and watched both episode V and VI today.

Oli is right. In the conversation between Luke and Leia, Luke asks her, "Do you remember your mother...your real mother?" Then Leia says she does but explains that it's mostly just "images and feelings." It does suggest that she indeed uses the Force to remember Padme even if she doesn't realize it until a few minutes later when Luke reveals their family ties. Pretty nifty, if you ask me. If Lucas is good at anything, he's real good with keeping consistent storywise. I respect him for his creative and unique vision.

Let the nerdiness continue.

Possum said...

Alright, then. Oli's right.

I can't wait till all six movies are out and I can watch them all at once.

It's going to be awesome.

Tim said...

Wait...Anakin is Darth Vader?

Oli said...

I'm cool.

Luke said...

Yeah.. sweet movie.

I loved Yoda most of all. Was sad, tragic, amazing.. and only one word from JarJar "scuzeme". Awesome.

I agree with "Leia's force feelings". way to go Oli.
I saw it in the iMax. (c: Great sound.
The absolute sweetest moment in the whole movie though was seeing the Naboo ship that Padme takes to see Anakin. That ship was so fine!!

Oli said...

Luke is a nerd.

Dave1974 said...

I enjoyed the movie as well.
I think MAC enjoyed it more though. (Wink, Wink).

Possum said...

Weekly picture?