Friday, March 17, 2006

Gatorade, Cash, and Barbie-Doll Legs

Gatorade is the bomb. I may like it even more than soda, which is saying a lot, but I get a better feeling like I'm being more healthy drinking Gatorade. Soda is just bad for you overall and makes no attempt to being beneficial, at least Gatorade gives the illusion that it can fuel you for the day (without using caffeine).

Anyway, I'm in sports photography this session. Now I need to go out and actually photograph people and go up and talk to human beings. Not because I want to get to know them, but because I want caption info. Who do you think I am, some kind of people person? Though, I'm looking forward to taking pictures of sports since I like them in general. I'm hoping to cover the track and field event at APU tomorrow, and I'm going down to LA for the marathon on Sunday. Awesome. I'm already hoping to take some pretty dang awesome pictures. I just wish my Nikon D70 was cooler than it is right now, which is not very cool at all. I'll manage.

Tim and I jammed last night from 7-10. That's a pretty long time to mess around on guitars and drums, but it was good. We mostly played worship music, and it was nice to do that for three hours. Not only is it good to sing praise to God for three hours, but it was a good time to practice. We even hooked up a mic, and I got to hear what my voice really does sound like when we play. You get that whole, "Oh my gosh! Is that what my voice sounds like" realization, and I didn't want to sing ever again. Oh, well. It's FUN to sing!

My last blog entry got some pretty negative responses regarding the album cover to Youth. Sorry if it really did offend anyone, but I've been putting album covers to lyrics I quote ever since the beginning. No need to be inconsistent because someone's Barbie-doll legs are on there. I've seen worse, and it isn't that bad anyway. C'mon, people. They're just legs.

...

Nevermind, you're right. I won't put covers like that on my blog again.

Ray Charles just came on my iTunes singing Georgia on My Mind. Now I feel like I miss a place I've never actually been to. Ray just reminded me to say that I finally watched Walk the Line last week. That movie and Ray gave me full confirmation that rock stars should NEVER be idolized. (Warning: Slight spoilers) I didn't like Johnny Cash's music that much, but I pretty much dislike him as a person now. Ray wasn't any better; in fact, he was worse in my mind. All this infidelity is really sickening, and Cash was totally ruthless to his first wife. The first three-fourth's of the movie I was just yelling at him, "Just divorce her already!" What a punk. His infatuation with June Carter felt more like an obsession than true love, as some would see it. But maybe I'm just being too critical of the man. He did change his ways later, and that's cool. Nothing like some redemption in a movie. And overall, it was a great movie about a musician's life. I just don't approve of the way he lived; I'm glad his latter half of his life was a bit better.

Okay, that's it. This blog is a little all over the place. Sorry about that. Maybe I should organize my blog entries like Mac does with titles and sections and stuff.

9 comments:

Eric said...

I, for one, had no problem with the legs. I was just attempting to be funny, emphasis on the attempting.

Eric said...

I recommend that you devote your blog, from now on, to pictures of beautiful legs.

Luke said...

i won't necessarily second that motion, but I wasn't offended. Those legs were remarkably beautiful and they WEREN'T why you had posted them. Gosh, it's an Album cover.

You won't catch me putting up "the sex pistols" on my blog 'cause I like the word.. pistols.. (heh), now would you? We know that's not why you put it up. Just some people have sensitive skin, and that's alright.

The Proprietor said...

TheLegWall! Great idea, Eric. You'll see a lot of great legs at the marathon. And Johnny Cash had good legs.

Dave1974 said...

I want more legs - even if they're spider legs. Bring it on!

Eric said...

Also, I think Walk the Line isn't really representative of Cash's life. His daughter had issues with the movie, and according to the Wikipedia entry the thing that really turned his life around was an experience with God, not June Carter. The experience with God was definitely not featured in the film.

The Proprietor said...

I think Walk the Line represented how Cash's music came to be. If you look at his music, most of it was written in the time frame depicted in the film, which was before he came to Christ in the 70's.

Eric said...

I'll qualify what I said. What I'm mainly referring to is the movie's implicit claim that God didn't really have much to do with Cash's life. If that's true then he just looks like another parasitical rock star who decided to take advantage of people's piety later on in life. On the other hand, if the movie's wrong then I no longer dislike Cash.

That's all in response to Lem's dislike of Cash after seeing the movie, which I think is justified if the movie is correct.

Anonymous said...

That movie, in my opinion, didn't potray the wonderful side of John and June. If you would take the time to watch the Johnny Cash Show, you would aslo see the GREAT and wonderful chemistry John and June shared. I love the movie, but it also didn't add in the rough times and many good ones Johnny and June had after it's time sequence ended. It didn't show John's religious devotion or his comedy. BUT I will give it some credit because John and June picked the actors to potray them and John Jr. was playing an active part in the movie. (It also didnt mention June's first name being Valerie.) Just don't judge their characters from a movie.