Saturday, April 07, 2007

NYC

New York City was so AWESOME that the word "awesome" just had to be put into all caps, bold, and italics. It really was that jammed pack of awesomeness. Now, people might think I'm crazy saying that New York City is that great because I can see how living in that place could be horrendous. I will clarify by saying that New York City is an awesome place to visit. :)

Josh, one of the staff at CityTeam in Philadelphia, was kind enough to take me into the city, and he even got a couple of his friends to come along. That was really good because I don't really do well hanging out with newfound friends if it's just me and him.

Anyway, it was a definite plus that they're all around my age, and we had a blast just walking the streets. The places we hit were Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and we walked Broadway St. to check out all the broadway shows that were playing and whatnots.

I really wanted to taste a New York pizza to see if it was all that "everyone" said, so we went to a hole-in-the-wall (I love hole-in-the-wall places) pizza joint for lunch. It was a really good pizza, but it wasn't amazing. Dinner was at D&B, and that was pretty sweet. I've never been to a D&B, so I thought my first time would be grand if it was in New York. :)

Times Square was probably my most favorite place that we visited. We never got to the Empire State Building mainly because we were told that it was way expensive to get a ticket for a ride to the top. It would have been awesome to get an aerial shot of New York, but I can do without. I wanted to see Ground Zero as well, but that's pretty out of the way.

Pictures will be up on my Flickr account when I get to them. I looked at a couple, and they're pretty cool. I definitely want to go back at some point and take more pictures. I had a small taste of New York and now I want more!

1 comment:

Dave1974 said...

Yeah, you can't visit NY for just one day. It's too big and there are way too many great landmarks to see. It's definitely one of the best places I've visited as well. But to live there? Uh, I'll take the Bay Area in a heartbeat.