Sunday, April 03, 2005

"...and you can find anything."

This is a strange follow up after my previous post, but whatever.

I went and saw Sin City last Friday night. Saying this movie is rated R isn't say much compared to what the movie really contains. The movie is definitely not for anyone under 18, and I wouldn't even consider taking a kid to this movie no matter how big a Bruce Willis fan he is. It is extrememly violent in its most brutal form, and there is a good amount of nudity.

That said, I really enjoyed the movie. Given its content, I walked out of the movie first not knowing what I really thought about it. It seems like a movie I'm morally obligated to not like, but I have to admit that I was really satisfied with the show. The casting was superb! I don't think there was a bad move on any of the casting choices, and I loved Willis and Rourke. I never read the graphic novels, so I can't say much to compare the books from the movie, though I've heard that the movie is very well done in this area. I'll be reading them throughout the next week. The story and plot isn't anything really epic or of anything along the lines of something being a national threat. The stories don't really travel outside of Sin City, so don't expect anything on a huge scale. It's about a city and the people who live there.



Anyway, I found it extremely well done, and I was very pleased that the huge casting wasn't the only thing the movie dudes focusec on.

Jessica Alba is hot.

Alexis Bledel is cute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexis Beidel's in this movie?

Mac

Tim said...

In short, I thought the movie was a bit over the top gruesome...it was a little disturbing to me. But maybe that's because I'm not as desensitized as you and Oli.

I think I was just expecting better. I still liked it though.

I do agree...everyone was perfect for their parts.

And...

Jessica Alba is hot.

Alexis Bledel is cute.

MalaBOOYAH said...

Yeah, Mac. Alexis Bledel plays a hooker. It's a tad a step away from her Gilmore Girls role.

Dave1974 said...

This was the coolest movie I've seen since Pulp Fiction. I thought it was awesome. This made all of those other comic book movies look amateurish.

Jessica Alba is over-rated.
(By the way, if you guys are such big fans of her, pick up a copy of the current issue of GQ)

The hottest chick in the movie was the Parole Officer. YEAH!

Luke said...

i was just at borders yesterday and read some of the comic book. was pretty explicit though so decided it wasn't worth it in the 'artistic' appreciation sense. sigh. i'd been wanting to see the movie but if it's anything as graphic as the comic, then I can't agree with it's being made. anyhoo... it is amazing black and white design in the comics.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the parole officer the mom from "Spy Kids"?