Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Assorted things.

My lack of blog posting may be a sign that this whole "blog excitement" thing is beginning to fade from me. However, I will hold on to this web journal with weakened hands hoping that something will come around to give me strength to blog on a more regular, more consistent basis. Inspiration, where are you?

Gas prices are at an all time high it seems, and there is no sign that they will drop any time soon. In fact, there are stronger signs that they will rise! Why is this happening? I can't see any valid reason why gas has to be charged at this rate. Corporate greed is what I see happening here, not to mention a loss in people's earnings when the day's over. Buying a small cot and camping out in the computer labs at school doesn't sound like a bad idea anymore.

My D string on my guitar broke again just a couple minutes ago. That's frustrating because I changed it fairly recently, and my other strings are doing fine.

The weekend was eventful. It has been a pretty good run of weekends so far with the family get together a couple weeks ago and then this last weekend as well.Friday was Randy's birthday party, and that was a good time. It's one of those parties when about three families get together and bring along the kids, so it was a full house. Dinner was really good (By golly! Food sounds good right now), and the presents were really funny from what I observed. I've never seen so many adults laugh so incredibly hard. Heads were on tables, eyes were watering, and faces were quivering from smiling too much. We also played Twister, and I found out how to play dirty and screw everyone up. Twister on a competative level is a lot of fun! I also wrestled Tim a couple times, which reminded me of good times at Faith wrestling. I even ended up pulling out the old photo album and watching my high school graduation. I looked really young, and Oli looked a lot smaller.

Saturday, The Peckhams went to Irvine Regional Park to celebrate Joe and Uncle Lloyd's birthdays (they were born on the same day). It was just a nice hang out time with friends. It was a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky. Because of the day before, I was all wrestled up and ended up wrestling Luke, Dustin, and Eric. By the time Eric and I were done wrestling, dying did not seem like such a bad idea.

I didn't die, though.

In Sunday school on Sunday, Brent taught on the incommunicable attributes of God. I think that what the terms were, though my memory is fuzzy on "incommunicable"...it could be different word, but it was basically on the attributes of God that Man does not even partially possess. Infinite, eternal, omnipresent, etc. These things that God possesses that we, mere creatures, do not posssess. It is awesome to study this aspect of God, and makes me want to fall on my face praising Him. Praise God!

Pictures will come later. Sleeping time now.

6 comments:

Possum said...

Incommunicable is right. Maybe he could help me on my paper due this week about how we can talk about God. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Too bad omniscience and omnipotence were not given to mankind. Just think what kind of things we can do with these attributes. On the other hand, if mankind was given this attribute today, the world will be torn in bits and pieces in a nanosecond!

Phil said...

Inspiration: http://philisha.net/planet-z

Make us some heads! Your photoshop skillz cannot be matched!

Also the current (default) design is sucky. Let's hack up some good CSS together; make it look decent.

Yeah, D-strings break all the time. Just be glad it wasn't your G-string. (ha ha ha--you knew it was coming.)

Phil said...

I just realized you are starting to sound like Dustin.

MalaBOOYAH said...

I am NOT!

Anonymous said...

I have posted photos from Joe's birthday party here:

http://www.dankatie.com/photos/05/04-bday/