Wednesday, July 07, 2004

My Cinematography Side.

Alright, kids. Everyone has a top ten movie list; whether or not they want it known to others is their choice. I'm posting mine on my blog. They're not in any real particular order, they're just the top ten that I consider better than the rest. Except the first one. I love that movie.

01. Saving Private Ryan
02. Braveheart
03. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (yes, I consider them all one movie)
04. Seven
05. Schindler's List
06. Fight Club
07. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
08. Gladiator
09. Kill Bill
10. The Shawshank Redemption

There's no real criteria to justify why those are my top ten, they just do it for me for either its entertainment value, artistic value, or both. I do hold other movies in very high esteem for the kind of movie they are. I decided to list those off as well.

Best animated movie: Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Best chick flick: Love Actually

Best comedy: Garden State

Best musical: Singing in the Rain

Best scary movie: The Ring

Best sports movie: Friday Night Lights

Best comic book movie: Spider-man 2

Obviously, this post will be updated as I see more movies.

(Last updated: 2/8/05)

6 comments:

Possum said...

Spider-Man 2 really was the best comic book movie of all time. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Lem, you have all gory movies in ur top ten, not a single chick flick, Shame on you!

MalaBOOYAH said...

Hey! They're not up there for being gory. They're up there for having something good to say; they have something better to say than any chick flick I've seen. Well, except Kill Bill. I just love the style and cinematography that it can't be beat.

I do enjoy chick flicks, though. They are a good watch.

Tim said...

I know...well every guy knows...why Lem picked Beauty and the Beast as the best Disney movie...

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Lem, I'm glad to see that UHF is not on your list. You've finally seen the light... --Katie P (why do I have to be a "blogger" to post here? grr)

MalaBOOYAH said...

You don't. There's an option "Or Post Anonymously" when it asks you to sign in. Oh, btw, UHF was NEVER EVER one of my top ten. The very idea makes me want to hurl.