Friday, December 24, 2004

90 minutes left!

Christmas is just around the corner! I'm so excited I could chew my own tongue into vapor! Amazing!

My family minus Tim, Chesney, and Caleb went to a church for the Christmas Eve evening service. Nothing against the church, but it was the worst Christmas service I've ever attended. We sang Dreaming of a White Christmas instead of Angels We Have Heard on High and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer instead of The First Noel...while we had thick hymnal books right in front of us. Snowy evergreen trees were displayed on stage and the quartet wore Santa hats and reindeer antlers while the cross was hidden behind the giant white sheet to show the lyrics to the songs.

Joseph apparently took Mary for his wife because he was a loving, forgiving, and merciful man instead of the fact that he was told by an angel that Mary is carrying the Son of God. Jesus' reason to come to earth as a baby was so people wouldn't be afraid of him. After all this time, I thought it was to show that He is a humble God...not to mention all the prophecies. Silly me!

Anyhow, we went to a family friend's place for dinner, which was fun, and we opened a present each tonight. Rachel was excited to get her Oregon Trail. The Christmas season is still all around. Despite all the pagan traditions we have come to love, I'm glad that people around the nation still haven't forgotten we still need to remember Jesus' birth...even if the sermon sucks. Still bitter about the music, though. Rudolph...bah!

On another note: Luke Shackelford has a blog! Hurrah!

Merry Christmas everyone!

9 comments:

Phil said...

Well ours wasn't quite that bad, but there was this one point where the pastor went on about how "The star appeared in the east to the shepherds...." Wups.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

When are you coming over next?

MalaBOOYAH said...

Probably the day before you need me to be there. So I guess Monday, yeah?

chrissybarany said...

Are you serious? Rudulph the red nosed reindeer!!! Are you sure you didn't stumble into a sunday school room by mistake? Were there are a lot of kids around, where the chairs really tiny? :)

Possum said...

It'd be ok if you came down Tuesday, Lem.

Possum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MalaBOOYAH said...

I realized that naming the actual church on this blog was a bad move on my part, so now it has become an anonymous place. Sorry Jon, but I had to delete you comment as well since it had the name. Feel free to post again.

Possum said...

Man, Lem, you becoming the man. I'll always fight the man.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you should've went to my church's service.

Mac

Dave1974 said...

Maybe Rudolph tagged along with the shepherds at the manger. So, in some ways, that song was appropriate.

BOOYA!