Sunday, December 05, 2004

Christmas mindsets.

The best way I get into the Christmas spirit is receiving all the wonderful gifts from family, friends, and family friends. You could help me get into the Christmas spirit. Simply check out my wish list on Amazon.com and buy something from it for me. With Christmas just around the corner, and Kuya giving the good idea of making wish lists, I was inspired to list all the current materialistic items I would like to have to help develop my love for earthly things. Thanks, world!

I went to the Philips' Christmas party last night. That was fun. Friends young and old, from church and school, and quiet and loud joined together under one roof to create one diversified group. We had a lot of fun. I ate lots of snacks because I was hoping they'd serve some kind of light dinner, but it ended up being home-baked sweets with apple juice. My body ran purely on sugar that night, and my restlessness proved it.

The best part was when the party was in its last hours and all of us young, hip lads busted out the bongo and acoustic, electric, and bass guitars to jam out. It mostly consisted of worship songs, and it was kind of silly having three guitarists strumming the exact same thing, but it was still fun. Todd, Tim, Josh, and I recorded a song we made up earlier in the night about Taylor, which was fun. It's repetitive, not to well recorded, not greatly sung, and long, but at 1 am after a big get together, it sounded cool.

We also made a quick video for it, which is even more trippy. No, there was no drug use involved before the making of the video. We're just naturally weird and foolish.

The other day, I watched the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on tv. I loved it. I remember watching that when I was a little child. I loved it just as much then too. "Why am I such a misfit!?"

More Christmas things to come in later posts, I'm sure. For now, I'm done.

No comments: