Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Completely and totally!

Guess what, guys...Michael's innocent! I find it quite amazing that the jury found him not guilty on all counts. I thought he was gonna get it on the alcohol charges, but alas! he came out on top. Honestly, I'm quite relieved about it all. I would like to think that Michael Jackson isn't a sick freak - he's just plainly a freak.

I went up to Santa Maria on Monday to photograph the happenings of the trial as the jury was still deciding their verdict. Little did I know, along with two other of my friends I went along with, that they would actually come to a decision that very day. We had a good guess it would happen, but as the day went on without anything really happening, we started to lose hope that the day would be even remotely interesting.

When the announcement that the jury came to a decision, everything started to speed up. It's nice when actual news happens, at least from a media standpoint. We like news. That is usually not the case for me because I don't like to wish newsworthy events upon people. Newsworthy events, by our country's definition, seems to be on the misfortunes of people. However, the deciding of the verdict is not a misfortune; the verdict is more of a relief for everyone. This trial has gone on for a long time, and the end is finally here. It didn't matter what the verdict was, everyone was glad that it was ending. Everyone was especially glad that Michael was innocent because it means that Michael didn't molest a poor little boy and scar him for life. It also means that the fans were happy, and the media was happy because the fans were happy. I think we would have all died that day if Michael was found guilty. The media had a good guess that the fans from all over the world would have jumped us. With good reason too. The media hasn't been making a good image of Michael lately. The media can be real jerks sometimes...most of the time.

It was a good experience taking photographs like this again. Very refreshing, and I missed doing this sort of thing. As crazy and freaky as Michael's hardcore fans are, it was cool to see so many happy people celebrating together. I'll a few pictures later.

Sorry about no weekly picture for last week. I just didn't go out and shoot anything or find anything I thought would be worth posting as a weekly picture. But you can look at this! (It's a tadpole!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though Michael Jackson is innocent, you know that dude is guilty of something

Dave1974 said...

I agree. He's not completely clean - if ya know what I mean.

He needs major psychiatric help.

Phil said...

I have absolutely no idea what percentage of this entry is meant to be sarcastic. I guess that means I just don't keep up with the news.

Um.... cool tadpole.

Freak.

Luke said...

I don't think that a jury pronouncing him innocent is really making such a thing true. But it is a nice thought. There's all kinds of weird pressures in our judicial system and for famous people and such, I just don't trust it. But it does make for a greater number of people happy, so that's cool. Always the skeptic, eh? I hope not.

tadpor!!!

Anonymous said...

Just cuz the jury thought he was innocent doesn't mean he was. He's guilty. Not that my opinion matters for anything...