Monday, June 27, 2005

DK (updated!)

Update: The pictures are now uploaded for all to see. So sorry that it took me so long to finally get them on the web. The combination of laziness and computer difficulties (both hardware and software) don't make for convenient situations. Anyway, I used Flickr to upload the pictures, so go HERE to view them. Sorry if some pictures are out of focus or motion blurred or off color, but I didn't try so hard on this event photo-wise. It wasn't like I was getting paid to do it. :)

For the most part, it was fun to look through them. If you guys want higher-res shots of any of these pictures, just e-mail me with a list of the filenames of the pictures (ex: DSC3485 or DSC3251) I didn't think you guys wanted all 91 pictures, and if you do...too bad. There are also pictures that I didn't upload, like the extra 15 of Libby Moothart (I don't want to hear it, Jon). So if there's a picture you want that's not on Flickr that you remember being taken on my camera, mention it to me.

Gerry Fisher also posted some pics on the web, so you can take a look at those as well. Go HERE.

Enjoy!

-3:56 am, Saturday, July 2, 2005


--------------------------------

Hurray for Dustin and Katie! They are married! Congrats to you kids. Have fun in Hawaii.

The wedding was quite fun. I was one of the groomsmen, so I got to dress in a tux and look slick and more attractive than I already am. It was AWEsome!

No, really. It was a great time, and I always enjoy weddings of my friends and family. It is one of the most beautiful things to see two people become one before God, family, friends, and the church. Marriage is such a beautiful example and wonderful imagery between the marriage between Christ and the church, and it reminds me so much of the unity of God and His Three Persons. I am sad to see this country degrade the idea of marriage to something so dull and simplistic. Marriage is so much more than promising each to be life partners; it is disgusting to watch the view of marriage become so shallow.

Dustin and Katie's wedding was one of beauty, and no one could define "beauty" better than Katie did yesterday. It is always that way. The bride is always beautiful; I don't know what it is about that.

The best part of the wedding was when I pulled out my liquor flask and spiked my punch with some whiskey. Sorry, Dustin: "No alcohol" rule or not, I'm drinking. Heh. After the reception, some of us went to BJ's and hung out for a while, which is where the weekly picture is from. More pics will come up soon.

14 comments:

Phil said...

Go Lem! Way to be a thoughtful Christian who insists on drinking! Let's carry on that valuable Christian tradition together.

"No alcohol"--posh! I don't think that was grape juice at their communion! (Double standards.... geez.)

Phil said...

Click here!

I heard there was some girl at the wedding, Lem.

Anonymous said...

A flask? Ooh that's tight!

Tim said...

That's why weddings are so cool. Girls and alcohol.

Anonymous said...

MEl-

send me the pictures you took at the wedding and surrounding events. (The decent ones).
~Your Flask Friend.

MalaBOOYAH said...

Phil, there were many girls at the wedding. It was grand.

Possum said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Possum said...

Are there... indecent ones?

Lem!

Phil said...

There were many girls at the wedding.... but only one of them posted on your blog!

Nothing like a little no. 7 to spice up any occasion. You know what you doing.

Phil said...

What's the matter, Lem? Tounge-tied?

(Insert a french-kissing joke here.)

Ahahaha....

Phil said...

LEM! you got to see this one:

http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=203059

Ok i'll stop bothering you now.

Anonymous said...

Gee Phil, get ya mind out of the gutter. Anyway, Lem and I aren't at BIOLA, and at other places men and women can do shots and post on one another's blogs without having to get married.
Mel-
FabFotos
~Peas,
TheAcoholAcquaintance

Phil said...

Maybe, but you have to admit: poking fun at Lem is great!

Anonymous said...

You got that right.