Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Lifehouse, baby!

I went and saw Lifehouse in concert yesterday. Excellent show. Their music live is much better than any of their recorded stuff, and they know how to rock out for us fans. Their song line-up was great starting with Spin and "ending" (meaning a pause between their last song and their encore) with Everything. They played a good balance of songs from all three of their albums, but naturally most of the songs were from their third. Take Me Away, Come Back Down, and Sick Cycle Carousel are just a few of their hits, and they also played a new song which hasn't been recorded. They returned to the stage for their expected encore to end with Hanging By a Moment and some slow, beautiful song that isn't on any of their albums. I think someone told me it was written even before their Lifehouse days, but I'm not sure.

Lifehouse has some very good songs, and their lyrics speaks volumes of their Christian beliefs. References like "You make me walk on water/And you will catch me when I fall" and lines like "I got nothing else to lose/I lost it all when I found you/But I wouldn't change a thing" really can't be about anything else but God. That's my interpretation of their songs, though. Maybe I reach too far, and some anti-religious kid would reject any of those thoughts as being remotely true.

While we're talking about music, Coldplay's new album X&Y is an excellent buy. I like their other two better, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a bad cd. Not at all! X&Y is still top notch stuff. Dave wrote a good review on the album. Give it a read, and give X&Y a listen.

No comments: