Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Just things...

A real post hasn't been written in a couple weeks. My bad.

I just watched Requiem for a Dream, and now I want to go kill myself. Well, it's not that depressing, but it was a very effective movie. I haven't seen such a strong, intense movie about drug use since Traffic. City of God is a very good movie as well. Staying on track, Requiem for a Dream is a great movie; however, I don't want to see that movie ever again. I also don't want to ever touch drugs.

Moving on, there are other things in my life that I neglected to post about, namely my parents' graduations. Congrats to them both! I'm truly and honestly proud of both of them. Kuya and Oli wrote more about these events.

I also saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith again with Chrissy because I liked it so much the first time. It was just as enjoyable the second time around, except it did seem to drag a little at the end. Since it was mostly fixing up plot holes and inconsistencies between the first and second trilogies, it was kind of dull seeing it again the second time. I did, however, appreciate the acting more now movie since I focused more on watching the actors act this time around. Obviously, they did a much better job than the first two episodes, but I kind noticed more the relation between the behaviors of the first movies leading up to this one. In that way, I understand why Anakin was so child-like in the second and why Obi-Wan looked like a jerk in the same episode. Nevertheless, I'm still not that impressed with Hayden Christensen's acting abilities. I need to see some of his other work.

I'm such a movie dork.

Oh yeah, I forgot to write that I might join up with the youth band at the church I attend here in Ventura. That's pretty exciting for me because I always prayed to get involved with the church community somehow, and this may be the opporunity that God has presented. I say that I "might" join up because a lot of the members are leaving this Fall to go to college (just graduated from high school this year), so the band might just end if it can't stay on it's feet. We'll see how it goes. It's in God's hands.

I think that will be it for now. It's kind of late.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yeah, Requiem is definitely on my "Most Disturbing Movies I've Ever Seen" list. Because of it, I don't know if I will ever be able to donate blood again (needles in the arm... *shivers*).