Thursday, November 18, 2004

Fight for your land.

So ends the World of WarCraft open beta. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and it was different than any online rpg I've ever played. I tend to like it better than Star Wars Galaxies, but I think that's because I like the medieval, magical setting of it all rather than the sci-fi environment of SWG. It's a personal preference.

Anyhow, running around areas becoming a stronger Tauren Druid was very entertaining. There was an epic battle between the Alliance and the Horde before I logged off, and that was glorious fun! Nothing better than defending your lands from the invading enemy. My character sucked, though, so I died a lot. Enjoy the retail version, you WoW obssessers. It is indeed a good game to invest into. If you have the time, that is. :)

Speaking of people who defend their land, I was watching 24 tonight. Jack Bauer is a freakin' amazing person. If there is a man like him in real life, he should be named Man of the Year (given there is such a title). Sure he seems to only go through one day of hell every few years, but what he puts up with and does to serve his country for that 24-hour period is enough to respect him for a life time. Jack Bauer is the man. He sacrifices everything for the sake of the greater good of his country, and that is something we should all look up to.

2 comments:

Possum said...

Half-life 2?

Anonymous said...

Never live for anything you wouldn't die for.