Monday, November 22, 2004

Old obsession returned!

I have it. It's MINE!


Oh, such beauty! Posted by Hello

For those caught in the CS craze back at Biola three years ago, this post is for you.

Half-life 2 must be one of the most beautifully made games for its time. Nothing compares. Well, except maybe the lighting effects in Doom 3. Half-life doesn't quite cut it as far as that goes. Even so, Half-life 2 has lived up to its hype and even more. In my book, at least.

Okay, okay. I haven't actually finished the game yet, but it looks very promising. I tried out the Counter-Strike: Source game as well, which is basically CS completely re-done in the HL2 engine. It looks amazingly awesome, seeing that the original CS just looked horrid. It still plays the same way, and I'm caught in the CS rave once again. Heh.

Many nights will be spent with this new game. I have found my WarCraft III replacement. I am just a gamer it makes me sick sometimes. But only until I stop thinking and start playing again. Mwah hah hah hah!

5 comments:

RaydenUni said...

Bleh, Counter-Strike.

I never got caught up in it. I'm more interested in multiplayer that adds new ideas and pushes what we know about squad shooters. Sure CS did that when it came out. It revolutionized squad shooters, but since then many others have been made and nothing about CS stands out except the number of people who play it. Of course I do want to design games and I am partial to new ideas. :)

HL2 though I will agree is a lot of fun. It is not revolutionary, but that is fine with me. It's brought together all the great things about shooters, mostly HL, and put it all together. The graphics engine is awesome, I may prefer it to Doom3, the physics are astounding, and the gravity gun must be played to be believed.

Phil said...

If you don't think half-life 2 is revolutionary, you probably don't understand the complexity of its physics engine. It is entirely unprecedented.

Tim said...

HL2 is revolutionary.

Phil said...

After playing it, I can see why you would say it's not revolutionary; The level design draws a lot from the first one in places. Still, I disagree and must say it's revolutionary. What a FANTASTIC game!

Andrew L. said...

I wanted to spread out the playing, but I ended up finishing it the day after it came out. It's so awesome!!

And I'm pretty much addicted to CSS, too...