Monday, November 29, 2004

I play catch up.

The moment my cell phone alarm went off at 3:30 am Wednesday morning, I groaned within my thoughts as I reached over to stop the rhythmic, but anything other than soothing, beeping. I thought about the day ahead while I threw my clothes on, mostly about how I had to drive from La Mirada to Santa Cruz.

I picked up Oli and Nem from Biola and headed through LA to Ventura, where we stopped at my place to rest some. I mainly wanted to drive early in the morning to beat the morning rush; I knew there wouldn't be any traffic the rest of the way up. The trip took about six driving hours. Adding up all the stops and the resting in Ventura, we arrived at Kuya and Chesney's house at around 2:45 pm. Not too shabby, eh?

Ahhhhhhh...Thanksgiving weekend! This is what all the hassle of traveling was all about. The five days consisted of two moves in the theatres, a couple dvd viewings, a lot of SWG and HL2, two different Thanksgiving feasts, roller hockey, and old home vidoes. A ton of family, as well. I found the break very relaxing and enjoyable for the most part. Even though most of the day was spent sitting around, I found that sitting around was what I needed. To sit around and not worry about tomorrow is perhaps one of the best freedoms from regular everyday life I can find.

I realized how fortunate some of us are that we can gather on certain days and have a dining table just blanketed with so many provisions from God. There are many who do not have the blessing from God to be given such luxuries like eating to our hearts' desires. There are many who do not have the comfort to worship the true God in places where everyone can hear our voices of praise to Him. There is much to be thankful for, and I'm glad that I live in a country where I can be openly express my gratitude to God for all He's given me.

Before Oli, Nem, Anne Marie, and I made our way down to So Cal, we witnessed and celebrated Caleb's dedication. That was entertaining, and very good way to end the Thanksgiving weekend 2004. Here's a picture of my excitement for Caleb.

No comments: