Sunday, February 27, 2005

Happenings.

Matt flew in from Indiana Friday, so Jane and I went to pick him up at LAX. We then went to Biola because Jane wanted to see what the campus was like, plus she just wanted to get out of the house. That's totally understandable.

So Oli came and hung out with us for a while and gave the two a tour. They met a number of our MK friends, and one of them (Erik Floyd) knew of their friends they knew as missionaries from Peru. Small world, eh? All in all, the Biola visit was pretty laid back, but it was fun. We also went to Glendale to visit Jane's parents, which was enjoyable.

Yesterday I learned the skills and tactics from Super Smash Brothers from the N64 does NOT carry over into Super Smash Brothers Melee from the Ninendo Gamecube. Throwing people is really dumbed down, and jumping has really been sped up. At least for Starfox and Pikachu, you can't rely on throwing. It's all about smash moves now, and Link is freakin' strong. That made me sad. I still did pretty well with my friend as we teamed against level 9 computer enemies. I got the most KOs, but my friend thought he rocked because he got the "wreath" on his name at the victory screen sicne he had the most lives left. I guess that's a legitimate strategy, but they do have a name for that kind of player: Dishonorable wuss. Ha! Take that Daniel.

3 comments:

Possum said...

I love the N64 version, I have played and wasn't nearly as enthralled by the Gamecube one. Boo on Gamecube for messing with something good!

Phil said...

Um, I hate to break it to you, but you can't just rerelease the same game on a new platform and call it something new. It's a different game. If you want to play the old one, use an N64.

(Note that I haven't played either of them, I am just making a general observation.)

MalaBOOYAH said...

What the heck? Dude, it's a newer version of Super Smash Brothers. It's not the same game.

Personally, I do like Super Smash Brothers Melee better than the original, but it's just a different way of playing it. No matter how you look at it or deny it, Pikachu's throw was way too cheap, and that bugged me.