Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sound.

So the past weekend was pretty chill. I spent it at Tim and Todd's house playing Halo 2 late into Friday night. I ended up sleeping there and then hanging out all day on Saturday and then spending another night. I felt like a total bum.

But it was so rad because they set up all their electric guitars and bass and hooked up mics and we all jammed. I got to practice bass and learned how to keep a steady beat on the drums. I'm now a decently well-rounded musician. The girls cannot resist me now!

Of course, then I realized that I spent my whole weekend really not doing anything truly productive. Now I only have a week to do my final project that was assigned two months ago. I'm screwed.

I was sad to hear that Maroon 5 got best new artist at the Grammys. Catchy tunes, but man are they overplayed!

5 comments:

Tim said...

I like Maroon 5's popular songs--the ones they play on the radio. I guess I haven't heard them as much as other music lovers.

It's kinda sad that an otherwise good song is ruined for the public just because it's overplayed.

Anonymous said...

How can Maroon 5 win "Best New Artist" when their album has been out since like 2002?

Mac

Dave1974 said...

I like Maroon 5. I think they deserved the award. Mac's right though, they came out in 2002. How new is that?

RaydenUni said...

Please don't discredit their music just because it is overplayed. Go listen to the stuff they don't play on the radio to see why it won best album. :)

Does anyone know who won it last year?

MalaBOOYAH said...

1) Maroon 5 didn't win best album. They won best new artist.

2) Maroon 5 released their first album in 2002. I don't know if that really counts as a "new artist," but the Grammys thought it did.

3) I will discredit those chums all I want, those overrated, whiny, lovey-dovey cookle monglers!

Actually, I don't really have much against the group. I'm sure I'd really enjoy their album if I went out and listened to it all the way through.

Also, the best album went to Ray Charles' Genius Loves Company, which is dumb since he's dead. I'm sure he really appreciates the award now, ya dolts. Best New Artist goes to a non-new artist band, and Best Album goes to one who's not alive to enjoy the benefits of his hard work. Good work, Grammys.