Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A new dynasty.

The 80's belongs to the 49ers, the 90's went to the Cowboys, and the first decade of 2000 belongs to the Patriots. However, I did root for the Eagles since they were the underdog. Much to my astonishment, they didn't play like the underdogs. The Superbowl this year was actually good to watch, and it beat out the commercials. I wasn't impressed with those very much, except maybe the ad for the remake of War of the Worlds, the Diet Pepsi truck, and the one with Brad Pitt running from the media.

Anyhow, it was a great game all the way down to the last minute as the Eagles desperately try to make a comeback. Good stuff. After that I watched Friday Night Lights again, which confirmed my previous thought of the movie being the best sports film of 2004. It was just football galore yesterday! Woo hoo!

Oh yeah, church was good too.

4 comments:

Possum said...

I liked the game, it was really good, except that the first quarter's offensive games were so attrocious.

Anyway, I think my favorite commercial was the one where they throw the Miller Lite out of the airplane and the pilot jumps out without a parachute.

I also appreciated the Fed Ex commercial that made fun of Super Bowl commercials in general.

Phil said...

zzzzzz

Phil said...

Just giving you a hard time. I post stuff that's boring to most people all the time.

Possum said...

Phil, football is boring pretty much only to you. :-)