Thursday, October 21, 2004

Jehovahjireh

I will tell you a story:

I drove through La Mirada and La Habra to various places to find some matte photo paper to print my final project on. This was last Thursday. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find my back left tire completely flat and completel irrepairable according the the tire shop I took my car to after I realized the damage. So I had to buy a new tire, and I figure I get an oil change as well since it was due a few weeks back anyway. $110.

Last Saturday afternoon when Oli, Uncle Gani, Auntie Leah, and I arrived back at Mom and Dad's place from Point Loma Nazarene University attending the Ligonier Ministries Conferences, Dad told me that someone broke into my car the night before. The back left window was shattered into pieces. For one reason or another, nothing was taken, but a bottle of beer was left behind. Perhaps someone was walking by and the thief had to bail? The window had to be replaced. $140.

The next several days my battery light would flicker on and off and my rpm would slow down and almost stall, so my Dad told me that it could be an electrical problem like low battery, or a bad voltage regulator or alternator. I took it in to get it looked at, and it was a bad alternator. $345.

Within a week I spent close to $600 on my car, and I am completely and utterly broke. Today I was despairing on how I could get this money. I was chatting with a friend from the old Faith Academy days, Amber Larson, and she was a real encourager. She said a prayer for me, and not a minute after she prayed I got a phone call from Brooks telling me I have some grant checks in for me to pick up. I know this because I asked her right after I got off the phone, and she told me she just prayed. It was rather amusing and incredibly powerful how it all worked out like that. I know that God doesn't completely plan out how everything falls together based on if we pray for something or not. That would make His actions totally dependant on our actions. But He does like to show how powerful communication between His children and Him can become.

Anyhow, God really taught me not to worry about such things. He will provide one way or another.

As a terrible anti-climactic ending, the check ended up to be only $100, so I'm still in a pretty pickle. However, I have faith that Jehovahjireh will pull through. He has done so in the past; I should not lose hope in Him. Pray for me as I go through the next few weeks with only $50. Brooks said I have another check coming in on Monday. Let's just hope that it's for more than $100.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Wow. That's amazing.

Let us know how you are doing. We can help....